Site-specific installation at Snug Harbor Cultural Center
Photo acetates, gels, sound, paper
Overall dimensions: 865 × 108 w × 120 inches
An installation juxtaposing two photomurals installed in windows on opposite sides of a long passage. The first image is a group of residents of Sailor’s Snug Harbor, the historic Staten Island sailor’s home, photographed in the same corridor in 1907. The second image is a group of homeless people living in Tompkins Square Park in 1990. The photomurals and blue gels echo the historic nautical paintings on glass and cobalt glass constellation windows in the adjacent Main Hall (1833).